• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ & read the forum rules. To view all forums, post or create a new thread, you must be an AAPC Member. If you are a member and have already registered for member area and forum access, you can log in by clicking here. If you've forgotten the password it can be reset on our sign in section by entering your registered Email Address or Username here. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below..

event monitor 14 or 21 days

DMW610

Guest
Messages
10
Hi-I've never done this before so I hope I'm doing it correctly. I have a couple of questions for event monitors. I understand that 93268 is used for a 30 day event monitor. What would you use for a 14 or 21 day monitor? Would you use the same code? I was thinking that you could because the terminology states once per 30 day period. Thanks
 
Follow up question to event monitor

What exactly is the difference in 93228 and 93268? I believe we used the 93228 (when we were still billing for them) because the event monitor company was located elsewhere and the patient would usually hit a button that would transmit their "event" via phone or other transmission by pushing a button when they experienced an episode. The company would then keep a close 24 hour, 7 days a week log.

Will someone please clarify?
Thanks a bunch. :)
Charity
 
Top