Wiki Exam Books

kylee317

Best answers
Hi, I need help from someone!!! I need to know what books I can use for my exam which is in December. I am taking the cpc exam. I already took the exam once, so I have the 2008 editions. But I know they have the updated 2009 books now. I just don't know which edition I should be using for my Dec exam. Please advise. Thank you in advance for any help anyone can give me.

Also, any tips for the exam?

I have not taken the test yet, but i do think you can take the 09 book if you have em, i mean the 09 books are updated and have the latest codes, i am taking the 2007 book on Oct 11 for my exam and i know its risky but i cant afford the 09 books. I would say yes, you can take the 09 books.

Hope this helps

Good things

Nelsong5

Hi, I need help from someone!!! I need to know what books I can use for my exam which is in December. I am taking the cpc exam. I already took the exam once, so I have the 2008 editions. But I know they have the updated 2009 books now. I just don't know which edition I should be using for my Dec exam. Please advise. Thank you in advance for any help anyone can give me.

Also, any tips for the exam?

Hello kylee,

What do you mean by books? The CPC exam proctors only allow coders to use the manuals in the exam. If I were you, use the 2008 manuals for 2008 year, or if you're taking the exam in 2009, use the 2009 manuals.
Currently, I am learning inpatient at my college and I only have 2008 manuals but the class requires 2009 manuals and I can tell you there are so many updated codes from 08-09 my instructor lets me utilize her manuals on my coding exams every Monday; if she didn't I wouldn't be able to pass my exams every week. So to eliminate ambiguity, I would use the current year manuals.

AND

There is no other material that mirrors the format of the CPC exam more than the AAPC study guides; even if there are errors, if you know your Anatomy and Pathophysiology along with the nomenclatures of the three manuals (ICD-9"not CM", CPT, HCPCs) there is no stopping a coder.

I read your question and I wlould like to tell you about one of the tests that I used to help me. I passed my test the first time I it . I went to ebay and got a cpc prep test from Training Gait for $15.00. You can download it as soon as they receive payment. It really helped me. You might be interested in trying it and most of all don't be nervous, be confident. Good Luck

Same year as exam

Use the 2008 CPC and ICD9 manual for any CPC exam taken during 2008.

The exam won't be changed/updated for 2009 CPT until 2009.

F Tessa Bartels, CPC, CPC-E/M

I utlized the 2008 Professional edition CPT by AMA, I like this book over the ingenix CPT book, it was very explicit with your rules, and used Ingenix 2008 Exper HCPSCS Level II and ICD-9-CM Volumes I & II it helps with your definitions and dx specifications.