Wiki Exam patient

Metroderm

Networker
Best answers
I have disagreement with my doctor about examming a patient. He says hi to patient and shake hands when come in the room and he considers that as exam of hand and face. He put in head x hand reviewed in the chart. I would like to know your thoughts. Thank you.

If the observations that the physician makes about the hand and face during the course of the encounter are relevant to the patient's problems, then yes, it is an exam. For example, a dermatologist will take note of the condition of the skin of a patient's face, or a neurologist will note the eye movements or strength of the patient's grip. Physicians are trained to make observations about a patient's condition at all times during the course of an encounter - it does not have to be just during a separate formal exam.

If the observations that the physician makes about the hand and face during the course of the encounter are relevant to the patient's problems, then yes, it is an exam. For example, a dermatologist will take note of the condition of the skin of a patient's face, or a neurologist will note the eye movements or strength of the patient's grip. Physicians are trained to make observations about a patient's condition at all times during the course of an encounter - it does not have to be just during a separate formal exam.

Thank you for explanation.