• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ & read the forum rules. To view all forums, post or create a new thread, you must be an AAPC Member. If you are a member and have already registered for member area and forum access, you can log in by clicking here. If you've forgotten the password it can be reset on our sign in section by entering your registered Email Address or Username here. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below..

Examples of Coordination of Care in the Physician's office

dnadinej

Guest
Messages
4
Location
Ocala, FL
I need to provide my physician's with some guidance on time based coding, and I cannot think of any examples to give them of what constitutes "coordination of care" in the office setting. The counselling aspect is self-explanatory, but I would like to give them an example of something done in the office that would qualify as "coordination of care." I know it has to be face to face and that the elements involved in MDM do not count. "Counselling" is self-explanatory, but I'm drawing a blank on "coordination of care".

Thanks!
 
Top