Wiki Excision mass of subcutaneous tissue

amanda19791

Networker
Best answers
I'm in need of second an opinion of a excision-mass of subcutaneous tissue. The code used is 21920 but there are measurement of the mass. But I questioning that is the correct code.
Can someone help me?

Findings:
8x8mm fibrotic mass

Procedure:
The patient was placed in the supine position. Adequate anesthesia was initiated. The position was changed to right lateral decubitus. The left lateral buttock was prepped and draped in a sterile fashion. A transversely-oriented elliptical incision was made and carried down through the subcutaneous tissues with electrocautery. The mass was undermined and passed off the field to be sent to Pathology. Hemostasis was assured. The wound bed was inspected and no further abnormal tissue was found. The wound was infiltrated with Marcaine. The deep dermal tissues were closed with interrupted 3-0 Vicryl sutures. The skin was closed with interrupted 4-0 Monocryl subcuticular sutures and Dermabond. The procedure was well tolerated and there were no apparent complications.
As the attending surgeon, I was present and scrubbed for the duration of the procedure.