Wiki Excision Neurofibromatosis masses , wrist and fingers

cwilson3333

Expert
Best answers
Would like help coding this procedure

Dx: Neurofibromatosis masses, wrist and fingers

Procedure:
Patient had 3 masses, one in dorsum of left wrist, dorsum of middle finger proximal phalanx, one in ulnar aspect middle finger [middle phalanx].

Small incision made over each mass that was superficial. Blunt dissection was carried down. Masses removed in their entirety and sent to pathology. Hemostasis achieved with electro cautery. Irrigated with 10% Betadine solution, closed with nylon. Dressed and wrapped.
No complications.

Thanks in advance

you would need to have the size of the mass documented in order to code for the removal as far as I know...... often times I have to do a little digging and get the correct information from the pathology report- although the MD does need to document in his report. :) hope this is helpful to you

neurofibromatosis masses

you would need to have the size of the mass documented in order to code for the removal as far as I know...... often times I have to do a little digging and get the correct information from the pathology report- although the MD does need to document in his report. :) hope this is helpful to you

I appreciate your response. Thank you