Wiki Excision of AVF graft

R1CPC

Guru
Best answers
Help coding below:
Any suggestions would be appreciated. :confused:

After administration of intravenous sedation, the left arm was prepped with ChlorPrep and drapped. A small oblique incision was made over the arterial limb of her forearm loop graft where she is having pain. The graft was dissected out easily and transected. The arterial stump was dissected out to its anastamosis. The brachial artery was clamped with a Satinsky clamp, and the graft was shaved off, leaving about a millemeter rim. This was oversewn with a 5-0 prolene. the clamp was released and meticulous hemostasis was obtained all the suture line. The other end of the graft was debrided back a little bit, excising probably a total of 3 cm of graft. the wound was irrigated with acitracin irrigation and closed with 3-0 Vicryl followed by 4-0 Monocryl subcuticular suture and steri-strips.

The reason i hesitate to use that code is that it's for an infected graft which is not the case for this scenario. What I've been doing is coding it as an unlisted 37799 compared to 35903 but I wanted to see if anyone else had a different answer.