Wiki Expanded Respiratory Panel and COVID 19 PCR Testing-Coding Question.

Tara0513

Networker
Best answers
I work for an independent laboratory. I am looking for opinions on how you would code the follow Respiratory Panel with Viruses and Bacterial. I just want to be sure that I am doing everything correctly and by the book. I appreciate any and all feedback. I also would like to know if I should be coding the organisms in the 'Please Note' section. Again, I appreciate any help on this.

Nasopharyngeal swab, RP2:

VIRUSES, NP SWAB BY PCR:

ADENOVIRUS NOT DETECTED
CORONAVIRUS 229E NOT DETECTED
CORONAVIRUS HKU1 NOT DETECTED
CORONAVIRUS NL63 NOT DETECTED
CORONAVIRUS OC43 NOT DETECTED
HUMAN METAPNEUMOVIRUS NOT DETECTED
HUMAN RHINOVIRUS/ENTEROVIRUS NOT DETECTED
INFLUENZA A NOT DETECTED
INFLUENZA B NOT DETECTED
PARAINFLUENZA VIRUS 1 NOT DETECTED
PARAINFLUENZA VIRUS 2 NOT DETECTED
PARAINFLUENZA VIRUS 3 NOT DETECTED
PARAINFLUENZA VIRUS 4 NOT DETECTED
RESPIRATORY SYNCYTIAL VIRUS NOT DETECTED

BACTERIA, NP SWAB BY PCR:
BORDETELLA PARAPERTUSSIS (IS1001) NOT DETECTED
BORDATELLA PERTUSSIS (PTXP) NOT DETECTED
CHLAMYDIA PNEUMONIAE NOT DETECTED
MYCOPLASMA PNEUMONIAE NOT DETECTED

PLEASE NOTE: The FilmArray® RP2 Panel/OpenArray Comprehensive Upper Respiratory Panel is indicated as an aid in the diagnosis of specific agents of respiratory illness and results are meant to be used in conjunction with other clinical, laboratory, and epidemiological data. Positive results do not rule out co-infection with organisms not included in the FilmArray® RP2 Panel/OpenArray Comprehensive Upper Respiratory Panel. The agent detected may not be the definite cause of this disease. The OpenArray Comprehensive Upper Respiratory Panel tests for thirty-two (32) potential pathogens. In addition to the pathogens listed above, these include LEGIONELLA PNEUMOPHILA, HAEMOPHILUS INFLUENZAE, KLEBSIELLA PNEUMONIAE, STREPTOCOCCUS PNEUMONIAE, STAPHYLOCOCCUS AUREUS and both Herpesviridae and Parvoviridae consortia (Human Herpesvirus 3 (HHV-3), HHV-4, HHV-5, HHV-6, and HUMAN BOCAVIRUS respectively). Additionally note that these profiled consortia species are frequently observed as commensal organisms in the nasopharynx and must also be considered relative to other clinical, laboratory, and epidemiological data. Guidance regarding the potential pathogenicity of these aforementioned flora is at the discretion of the treating physician. Presence of these organisms may or may not be the definitive cause of disease. All results, including those containing these commensals and additional nasopharynx consortia, are meant to be used in conjunction with other clinical, laboratory, and epidemiological data.

Nasopharyngeal Swab SARS-CoV-2 / COVID-19:

VIRUS, RP SWAB BY PCR SARS-CoV-2 / COVID-19 NOT DETECTED