Wiki Experienced Certified Surgical Coder looking for work NC/SC

Grintwig

Expert
Best answers
I am currently looking to expand my horizons and would love to get into hospital coding in my general area.I would love to get into remote coding if the position is not in the Wilmington, NC or Myrtle Beach, SC area.
**Resume critiques welcome :eek:

Amy McCormick, CPC
961 Rough and Ready Road
Whiteville, NC 28472
910-625-5785

Objective To transition to inpatient coding and continue to learn and grow in the coding field. Currently I am a Certified Professional Coder and have held the certification since March of 2008 and I am also CGSC certified as well.

Skills
• Proficient with CPT, ICD-9, and HCPCS
• Able to use multiple resources to correctly code varied patient charts
• Good time management skills
• Self-starter
• Ability to work unsupervised and accomplish goals in timely manner
• Familiar with Meditech and Misys
• Quick learner
• Computer literate
• Thirst for knowledge
• Punctual
• Previous managerial experience
• Five years experience extracting CPT and ICD-9 codes from operative notes and progress notes and identifying what is chargeable and what is not.
• Five years experience dealing with NCCI Edits, NCDs, and LCDs and utilizing them while coding patient charts.
• Five years experience in working denials and edits.
• Five years experience educating our physicians in coding changes and medical necessity.
• Charge Master for 5 years.

Education
Southeastern Community College
December 2007
• Billing and Coding certificate

Experience
Walters Surgical Associates
Head Coder
June 16, 2008– Present

I am the sole coder for a three physician surgical practice. The surgeons are general, vascular, and thoracic surgeons that will try anything once. I also function in a Charge Master capacity and as chief coding educator. I have over three years of experience in working denials, advising the surgeons as to medical necessity, and auditing charts for completeness. I code all charges for the physicians including their profee hospital charges.

Goody’s Clothing
Sales associate

February 2006 – May 2007
Assisting customers with their purchases. Stocking and cleaning as needed.

AmeriCorp VISTA
August 2005 – December 2006

Managed volunteers for Communities In Schools of Whiteville. Coordinating community events for Edgewood Elementary school. Recruiting volunteers. Researching grants and programs to utilize within the schools.

Sam’s Pit Stop
Store Manager
December 2001 – May 2005

Hiring, firing and training of all store employees. Scheduling for the store. All ordering and inventory control. Created an employee training manual still in use by the entire chain. Maintained an above satisfactory inventory control for the store for my entire tenure. Maintained the same staff for eighteen months. Created means of tracking employee performance within the store. Completed required reports on time and handled all banking activities and payroll functions for my store. At times I was also managing up to two other stores within the company.

Last edited: