Wiki Experienced CPC and Medical Biller

asowder

Contributor
Best answers
I have been certified since 2012 and also have many years of Medical Billing experience. I currently work in outpatient Orthopaedic coding and have also worked Allergy/Asthma. I would really like a full time remote position if anyone is looking.

Thank you,
Anika

Last edited:
Hi, I am new to orthopedics and I was wondering if you could help me with a few questions.

one is how to bill the following xray?

Reason for Exam: BL KNEE PAIN
Interpretation/Impression: Two knee radiographs were ordered as separate and distinct services. The first radiographs are upright views of the knee to view alignment of the tibial/femoral articulation and joint space narrowing for arthritis.
The second radiographs view the patella alignment and joint space narrowing within the patella/femoral articulation, which are not provided in the first upright radiographs. Both studies are medically necessary to accurately diagnose this patient's medical complaint. The second set of radiographs is a separate and distinct service from the first. Patient demonstrates medial compartment narrowing bilaterally. Right is slightly increased than the left. This is moderate in nature. I do also note some mild to moderate patellofemoral joint space narrowing bilaterally with small osteophyte formation.
73565? any modifiers? or is it another cpt code?

second
original appointment the pt was charged for a closed treatment of ulnar shaft fracture, so the next time they come in for a visit we should only bill for xray and if a another cast is medically necessary? what is the proper coding?
V54.12 73090 or v54.12 73090 and 99024?

third
the cpt code 76942 /us guidance
when doing BL knees why is it the 76942 can only be billed once?

ANY SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED
IF YOU HAVE ANY POINTER ON ANYTHING ELSE THAT WOULD ALSO BE GREATLY APPREICATED!

BLESSINGS ,
SANDRA STONE
sj.stone@hotmail.com