Wiki Eye lid cyst removal

tdbrown

Best answers
My provider was attempting to do eye lid cyst removal, 67840, but his note states, Area was dissected into deep tissue cyst was identified and we dissected around the cyst but it appeared to be attached to deeper layers of the connective tissue. In observation due to the fact that it was on the deep connective tissue results were explained the patient I was sutured with 1 suture 6-0 and explained to her that we will refer her to ophthalmology. What service should I bill for, just the closure 12011 ? Thank you for your help

My provider was attempting to do eye lid cyst removal, 67840, but his note states, Area was dissected into deep tissue cyst was identified and we dissected around the cyst but it appeared to be attached to deeper layers of the connective tissue. In observation due to the fact that it was on the deep connective tissue results were explained the patient I was sutured with 1 suture 6-0 and explained to her that we will refer her to ophthalmology. What service should I bill for, just the closure 12011 ? Thank you for your help
you can bill 67840 with modifier 52(reduced service) or 53(discontinued service) without the 12011 since 67840 already includes simple closure