Wiki Eyewear coding for Insurances

haven711

New
Best answers
I was wondering what resources anyone knows of out there for eyewear coding for routine eyewear. I am looking for a resource that can help me give the office I work for examples of how to code glasses. Until recently they were more self pay, and now with so many patients having vision insurance I am trying to show them how to code what the patient is actually getting. Our EHR is not very helpful. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Eyewear coding for Insurance

I guess I should be more specific as to why, I am wondering on billing a Progressive lens to BCBS. Our system splits a progressive into 2 codes V2781 and V2300, is this correct? When they pay they pay V2781 as Bifocal and then V2300 as Trifocal. I just was wondering how other offices do it.From what I can tell Dmerc has us bill like this but Eyemed and VSP bill it as V2781 and V2300. Also BCBS says Trivex code V2782 can only be billed as one unit but HCPC book states per lens. I am just looking for clarification as it is hard to appeal claims when I can not find anything besides HCPC book and BCBS denied my appeal for Trivex to be two units. So am just wondering how others are billing their glasses, I am newer to the glasses end and looking to become more knowledgeable.

Megan Hess CPB,CPC,CPOC