Wiki F/U by PA

raidaste

Best answers
In our ortho office we have a PA, his attending provider is located at another facility. They did a procedure that has a global period but because an assistant wasn't medical necessary the PA did not bill anything. He's seeing the patient for f/u when the primary physician isn't available. My question is: since the PA didn't bill for a procedure can he bill for f/u visits?

In our ortho office we have a PA, his attending provider is located at another facility. They did a procedure that has a global period but because an assistant wasn't medical necessary the PA did not bill anything. He's seeing the patient for f/u when the primary physician isn't available. My question is: since the PA didn't bill for a procedure can he bill for f/u visits?

The Global period follows the Tax ID#. So if both the Surgeon and the PA bill under the same Tax ID#, then no, the PA would need to see patient as post-op too.

Jenna

I know it's been awhile since this question was posted, but not sure I understand the answer. So is it yes, the PA can see? I would think that they could bill with provider's tax ID # if they are still in the global.