Wiki Facet Joint Lift

kellit21

Guru
Best answers
I have a physician who performed a Cervical Spine Fusion and did a facet lift. Can anyone explain what this is or how I would code that?

"Dissection was carried down posteriorly down spinous processes. Localizing film was taken which which showed that we were at the right level. At this time we placed facet lifts at C3 to C7 bilaterally after facet joints were prepared which gave good indirect decompression of the foramen.

I have a physician who performed a Cervical Spine Fusion and did a facet lift. Can anyone explain what this is or how I would code that?

"Dissection was carried down posteriorly down spinous processes. Localizing film was taken which which showed that we were at the right level. At this time we placed facet lifts at C3 to C7 bilaterally after facet joints were prepared which gave good indirect decompression of the foramen.

Over 8 years of working with a Neurosurgery group, and I've never heard of this!
I did a quick search, and this is about all I could find:

http://newsroom.medtronic.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=251324&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=1774777

I think I'd go with an unlisted code. You can also try contacting a Medtronic rep for more info, or searching their website. They tend to be pretty helpful.

Wish I could help more!