Wiki Facility billing

mmorneau

Networker
Best answers
I have just acquired a job billing for a midwife and facility charges. The CMS 1500 claim form changed April 1 can anyone tell me if the UB-04 changed in April also? Checked other threads and couldn't find anything regarding this so wasn't sure where to post this question. I have never done facility billing before.
Thank you for any advise

what will be your bill type then for the UB? and what is the POS for the 1500. I ask because I do not know how best to assist you until I know what you have been told to do and your thoughts.

Well, these are good questions. I meet with them tonight so I will ask. Even though I have been billing for years, endocrinology, ENT, Rheumatology, this OB thing has given me some learning to do and the facility is well Greek to me. Thank you all for your help. I will be back on when I find out more tonight. I know I am going to have a gazillion questions when I put the first charges in. I noticed on the website that we have a webinar on billing for OB/GYN so I hope this weekend to get that listened to and may feel a little more comfortable. Am setting up practice management software this weekend also. I"ll be back in touch. Thank you

ok I am back. Here is where I am at with all this billing. The Midwife has her own, licensed by the state birth center. It is also where she see's her patients.

When I bill for her global for pregnancy I assume that I use the birth center as the facility but the location as 11- office ?

For delivery I still assume I use the birth center as the facillity and the location as birth center - I think is 25 but whatever I use birth center correct?

She charges for use of the birth center for the delivery, thus the "facility fee".
On her superbill there is the number 724 says facility fee. Where and how do I bill this? Is it the only charge that goes on the UB 04 ?

I have charges entered into the PM system but don't know how to deal with this facility thing so haven't sent anything out till I know
Any advise is wanted and welcome.
Thank you one and all.

You will not need to put place of service code 11 on the UB-04. You will need to use 11 in occurrence codes which is the onset of symptoms, and use the date of service for the occurrence code date.
The 72 is part of the revenue code for Labor Room/Delivery and the 4 is the subcategory for Birthing Center. This make the 724 revenue code.

Hope this helps

assessm date

I don't know if this is on a ub04 form or not but my practice management program asks for an "assessm date"? Does anyone know what this is or means? Thank you