Wiki Failed CPC Exam!

andepow

Contributor
Best answers
Hello all,

Today I found out that I did not pass the CPC exam on the first try. I was really praying that I wouldn't have to retake it, because afterwards I was mentally drained. I came pretty close and that let me know that I need to make a few adjustments next time. The issue that I face is that I ran out of time, even though I tried my best to use my time efficiently. My strategy was to start at the end and work my way to the beginning, hoping to have some time leftover. I read somewhere that said the harder questions are at the end. I'm thinking I need a new strategy :) Can anyone offer me any helpful test taking tips that has worked very well for you? Time management tips? Thank you all so much!

Andrea

Hi, Andrea. First, please don't let this define you. It surely wasn't an easy test. I allowed myself 1 hr for each column and then skipped those that were lengthy. Then the proctor called out the last hour. I was on the last column near the end. I used that last hour to finish the last column and had time to revisit the lengthy ones. It was easier then because I was acclimated to the types of questions and was calmer knowing I had the extra hour to review less than 12?s. Hope this helps. Good luck. You'll do great next time. 😇

I Just found out that I actually passed on my first try. I really did not think I would pass but I guess going for the easy questions first helped me a lot. I ended up using the last 10 minutes to fill in whatever I didn't have time to answer (around 20 questions that I unfortunately ran out of time and had to guess). I also did not take a bathroom break or anything time was very valuable. Good luck!

Hi, Andrea. First, please don't let this define you. It surely wasn't an easy test. I allowed myself 1 hr for each column and then skipped those that were lengthy. Then the proctor called out the last hour. I was on the last column near the end. I used that last hour to finish the last column and had time to revisit the lengthy ones. It was easier then because I was acclimated to the types of questions and was calmer knowing I had the extra hour to review less than 12?s. Hope this helps. Good luck. You'll do great next time. 😇
Pjcrowe65, thank you so much for your encouragement and advice! I forgot to mention that I took the online exam. But I am sure the same concept still applies. I will definitely be more conscious of my time next time.

I Just found out that I actually passed on my first try. I really did not think I would pass but I guess going for the easy questions first helped me a lot. I ended up using the last 10 minutes to fill in whatever I didn't have time to answer (around 20 questions that I unfortunately ran out of time and had to guess). I also did not take a bathroom break or anything time was very valuable. Good luck!
Congratulations Lalvarez0890!!

I would think you would want to do the easiest questions first. If you can answer 5 easy questions in the time it takes to answer 1 difficult question, wouldn't your score be better if you answered the 5 instead of the 1?
SharonCollachi, I would say so. My goal is to answer the easiest questions first. Some say the easiest questions are at the beginning and some say at the end. This is why I was asking for helpful tips. What helped you be successful at passing?