Wiki fall risk assessment

mmberry

Best answers
I work for a podiatrist and he has learned that we can bill for a "fall risk assessment" for older patients who are at high risk for recurrent falls. I have been trying to figure out how we can bill for this and am coming up with not much... I have found 97750 looks like a good code to use, but I think it is a PT code... also, I have looked into 99401 (which I know is usually used for diabetes education) but can I also use it for this fall risk assessment?? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!!

NadineG

It is looking like the CPT II codes are what need to be used. We are in the same situation trying to figure out if there is a specific code that needs to be used.

It is looking like the CPT II codes are what need to be used. We are in the same situation trying to figure out if there is a specific code that needs to be used.

The falls assessment is bundled so not reported as a code for reimbursement. The codes listed above are still active to track doing the assessment if your provider participates in PQRS program