Wiki Fee for Service

Dorthi

Networker
Best answers
The office I work for, wants the patient to pay up front for the services and we will reimburse them when we get paid until they know there are no glitches in the transition. The warning that we should be able to run the office a couple months with no pmts just in case is worrying them. Other than losing patients what is the potential risk with doing this?

What is everyone else's office doing to make sure things are taken care of for the transition?

I am not worried about my ability no are they worried about my ability, it is more on the insurance side.

The office I work for, wants the patient to pay up front for the services and we will reimburse them when we get paid until they know there are no glitches in the transition. The warning that we should be able to run the office a couple months with no pmts just in case is worrying them. Other than losing patients what is the potential risk with doing this?

What is everyone else's office doing to make sure things are taken care of for the transition?

I am not worried about my ability no are they worried about my ability, it is more on the insurance side.
I am willing to bet that your contracts with the payers will not allow this. That warning was directed towards those offices that would not put the time in to learn the new codes and the new application rules. If you have studied the code set and understand the complexities you will be fine. The payers are ready for you:),