Wiki Feedback, please?

Jessim929

Guru
Best answers
Hi All!

I think I might need Derm help on this to make sure I'm correct in my thinking, but it was done by Urology, so I'm asking here too in case anyone else has had a case like this. One of my docs removed approximately 20 scrotal skin lesions - he called them Calcinosis - from one patient. He said the average size was about 1cm each. Each site was incised with 15-blade scalpel and the calcium deposit under the skin was removed with blunt and sharp dissection. I know with some lesions you can combine the size for one code, but I also know that there's very few codes that go over 4cm. So here's my question - do I go 11424, mod 22 or 11424, 11424-76, 11424-76, 11424-76? Or should I go FB removal from scrotum? Or is there another way to do this that I'm not thinking of? He's got BCBS Pathways HMO if that matters.

Thanks in advance!

I would bill 11421 and then 11421-59-76 each for the next 19 lesions removed. I would also obtain a prior authorization and any suggestions from the carrier how they wish this clinical scenario billed and coded.