Wiki Feel like this requires several unlisted codes

mnhilleary

Best answers
I was thinking this would require CPT 29824, 29826 and then an unlisted code for the decompression of the nerve and the cyst .. is that right ?

1. Right Shoulder arthroscopy with arthroscopic decompression of suprascapular cyst
with decompression of suprascapular nerve with release of the transverse scapular
ligament arthroscopically with acromioplasty resection of the distal clavicle

I was thinking this would require CPT 29824, 29826 and then an unlisted code for the decompression of the nerve and the cyst .. is that right ?

1. Right Shoulder arthroscopy with arthroscopic decompression of suprascapular cyst
with decompression of suprascapular nerve with release of the transverse scapular
ligament arthroscopically with acromioplasty resection of the distal clavicle

I had a similar report the other day I coded, but my CPT code 29822 also included the decompression of the cyst. Below is part of a rationale for why I didn't need to choose another code for a decompression of the cyst. Not sure if this will help at all??

"Both the biceps tenotomy and the cyst decomp would be unlisted if these were the only procedures performed in this compartment. However, since they go in and debride the labrum and then also after decompressing the cyst (in the labral area) they also debride that area, all of this gets lumped into your 29822 code."