Wiki Female Hydrocele Repair (Canal of Nuck)

kenkie79

Networker
Best answers
I checked in this forum for the answer to my question and saw that someone had asked this same question in 2007 with no answer so I decided to try again. Here is my question:

My doctor repaired a hydrocele in a female. SHE decided to code the claim and, of course, it denied stating that 55040 is a male code (which is true). I am trying to find a code for excision of a hydrocele of the canal of Nuck. I cannot find it ANYWHERE. Please help.

I checked in this forum for the answer to my question and saw that someone had asked this same question in 2007 with no answer so I decided to try again. Here is my question:

My doctor repaired a hydrocele in a female. SHE decided to code the claim and, of course, it denied stating that 55040 is a male code (which is true). I am trying to find a code for excision of a hydrocele of the canal of Nuck. I cannot find it ANYWHERE. Please help.

I wonder if you had a reply to your question. I also have the same problem with using CPT 55040 and it got denied since that code is a male code. Please let me know if you found out anything.

Thank you.

Abdominal Cyst Excision

My doctor repaired a hydrocele in a female. SHE decided to code the claim and, of course, it denied stating that 55040 is a male code (which is true). I am trying to find a code for excision of a hydrocele of the canal of Nuck. I cannot find it ANYWHERE. Please help.[/QUOTE]

I have used 49203, with N94.89. Good luck!