Wiki Femoral Bypass

alexandasia

Best answers
OK So posting this question here because I don't see a straight vascular topic section and thought this might be the best alternative. I have a doc who needs to get a prior auth on a patient. At first we were told he was just going to do a Right Femoral Tibial Bypass which was believed to be coded 35566 but now told he will be using a CryoVein. I can't find a code for that, but he believes the reimbursment is much different (So I can only assume there is a different code)

I can't find ANYTHING! Can someone give some input pretty pretty please!!! Much appreciated!!!!

Composite graft?

Hi Alexandasia,

Does this Cyro Vein is a composite graft?
+35681 : Bypass graft; Composite, prosthetic and vein ( list separately in addition to code for primary procedure.)
Please see CPT 2013 professional edition p.203 and p. 200 Bypass graft definition

Hope it works out well.

Attachments

• 2002Abstract23Cyro Vein.pdf
    82.9 KB · Views: 50
Thanks... That is what I was thinking too but his office manager was questioning it because apparently the vein is coming from a cadavar (sp?)

I would think you could use 35666.........have you checked that code?
psantilli,
Thanks for your input... How did you come up with that code? This stuff has such similar wording and I am fairly new to vascular coding so I am sure I am missing a key word or something.