Wiki Finally!!!!!

Jfraska

Contributor
Best answers
HEY everyone, I finally got my first coding job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D:D

I have only been certified since February but it feels like it has been a long and tough road to get employed in coding. I am finally in and I cannot be more excited to start. I know a JOB is different than the schooling I did but I am ready to learn.

I found out Dec 30th and my start date is Jan 23. I do have to move but it is worth it. I will be working in a hospital too!!! It will mostly be E/M coding for the physicians but that's OK.

Don't give up if you are new and have a CPC-A or other entry level certifications/experience. You just need someone to give you that opportunity and once you prove yourself, then you are set!! I thought it would take longer than it did honestly so I am happy it didn't. I also received compensation beyond my expectation :cool:

HEY everyone, I finally got my first coding job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D:D

I have only been certified since February but it feels like it has been a long and tough road to get employed in coding. I am finally in and I cannot be more excited to start. I know a JOB is different than the schooling I did but I am ready to learn.

I found out Dec 30th and my start date is Jan 23. I do have to move but it is worth it. I will be working in a hospital too!!! It will mostly be E/M coding for the physicians but that's OK.

Don't give up if you are new and have a CPC-A or other entry level certifications/experience. You just need someone to give you that opportunity and once you prove yourself, then you are set!! I thought it would take longer than it did honestly so I am happy it didn't. I also received compensation beyond my expectation :cool:

Congrats to you. Been certified since December 2015 and still no coding job. Atleast you give me hope.

So excited for you. Good job. E/M is a great start. Keep us posted as to how it's going for you. Working for the Hospital is consistent work. Congratulations.

CPC-A still looking

Congratulations on landing your 1st coding job! I am newly certified in October 2016 and have been trying to apply everywhere I can. No offers on interviews yet but I will keep on keeping on!! Someone will give me a chance. Thank you for the post, it gives "newbies" like me hope.:)