Wiki First Visit to OB after IVF

If the pregnancy has been confirmed by a PROVIDER already that is correct it would be part of the OB Global Initial visit. See attached.

Attachments

• Reporting the Confirmation of Pregnancy Visit - ACOG Reviewed 2016.doc
    14.5 KB · Views: 20
I have a provider who is seeing a patient after an IVF transfer, but I am unsure how to code the encounter. The provider is using Amenorrhea as the principle dx however I don't agree with it. He mentioned that the patient is "10 weeks pregnant according to ultrasound." I guess my question is would I use Z34.81 & Z3A.10 OR would I need to use O09.811 (Supervision of pregnancy resulting from assisted reproductive technology, first trimester)?

I thank you in advance!

Last edited:
I have a provider who is seeing a patient after an IVF transfer, but I am unsure how to code the encounter. The provider is using Amenorrhea as the principle dx however I don't agree with it. He mentioned that the patient is "10 weeks pregnant according to ultrasound." I guess my question is would I use Z34.81 & Z3A.10 OR would I need to use O09.811 (Supervision of pregnancy resulting from assisted reproductive technology, first trimester)?

I thank you in advance!
If your provider is not providing routine OB care during this time, you report O09.811 for this visit. She does not have amenorrhea and the documentation in the chart does not support this. You may have to work with the payer to get the visits paid but usually an explanation of the reason the patient is still being followed after IVF by a provider not handling the pregnancy will suffice.