Wiki Florida Medicaid Crossover Claims Issues

TrAuJa87

New
Best answers
Hi, all!

I am new to billing in the state of Florida (and was totally thrown into this position unexpectedly due to several people walking out), and I am having an issue keying Florida Medicaid secondary claims into the FMMIS portal when the Primary payer is a Medicare Advantage plan.

As I have always billed in the state of Georgia, in GMMIS we would change the Mcare Adv plan Payer ID to 10202, and submit the claim through the clearinghouse or directly to the portal with no issues, but I have been unsuccessful in getting answers from either Gainwell Tech or from AHCA, directly. The reps keep directing me to the Provider Billing Manual, and either the information I need is not located within that guide, or I am too dense to comprehend the info if I *have* came across it.

I would appreciate any and all responses, as I am getting shutdown by Gainwell and AHCA

Hi, all!

I am new to billing in the state of Florida (and was totally thrown into this position unexpectedly due to several people walking out), and I am having an issue keying Florida Medicaid secondary claims into the FMMIS portal when the Primary payer is a Medicare Advantage plan.

As I have always billed in the state of Georgia, in GMMIS we would change the Mcare Adv plan Payer ID to 10202, and submit the claim through the clearinghouse or directly to the portal with no issues, but I have been unsuccessful in getting answers from either Gainwell Tech or from AHCA, directly. The reps keep directing me to the Provider Billing Manual, and either the information I need is not located within that guide, or I am too dense to comprehend the info if I *have* came across it.

I would appreciate any and all responses, as I am getting shutdown by Gainwell and AHCA
Bump.