Wiki Fluoroscopic imaging indicates no surgery needed. How to code this?

debellis59

Networker
Best answers
My provider would like to bill out for 76000 Fluoroscopy for the following procedure. Patient had a right proximal humerus fracture and initially the provider was anticipating ORIF. However, after the fluoroscopic imaging, he decided the ORIF was unnecessary. Would I bill 76000 for the fluoroscopic guidance or would something else be more appropriate? I'm stymied here.

Technique
The patient was brought to the OR, general anesthesia was induced. Foley catheter was placed. She was positioned in a modified beach chair position. Fluoroscopy was brought in to confirm that satisfactory images could be obtained with her positioning. The fluoroscopic images showed satisfactory alignment of the proximal humerus fracture, improved compared to her injury films. There was minimal impaction, no significant angulation, and live fluoroscopy showed that the fragments moved as a unit. I thus elected to not performe ORIF surgery. I believe the patient will be better off without any surgery, and she may begin physical therapy for non-operative protocol of proximal humerus fractures immediately. She was awakened by the anesthesiologist in good condition and taken to the recovery room.