Wiki Former Employer Refusing To Verify Employment

KTMatti19

Best answers
I'm feeling really discouraged. I have two years of coding experience already but just got my certification in November. Due to health reasons, I was forced to leave my previous position, with notice. In doing so, my former employer has stated I have forfeited the right to receive employment verification toward dropping my "A." I have tried all other routes, former coworkers, and it being a small third party company there was no HR department. Just the owner (my boss) and about five other people, who have all been instructed not to verify my employment. Now, after recovery, I am in search of a coding job and after submitting close to 300 applications for jobs I qualify for, I have been getting rejection after rejection due to that little A that I have no way to get rid of. I cannot afford to keep taking these CEUs, maintain membership, and stay up to date on coding books with no job. Does anyone have any advice on what I can do?

Small Claims court

This may sound dumb, but you can try to take the person to small claims court and have a judge order him to sign a document stating you have your required job experience. The best part is on his part, it will only cost him time, not money. And they can probably arrange to have it completed before leaving the courthouse. Otherwise assign a monetary value stating what it will cost you such as paying for the practicode and completing that. Find out what the cost is, get something in writing from the AAPC or the website I am sure has the cost, and place a monetary value to it. Say all you need is one or the other, the likely hood is he will more than likely want to write and sign the document than pay the money for you to take the practicode. I would also add on additional money, possibly say $2000, and say that the cost is a lot more because this is time you are going to be unpaid to remove the "A" status from your certification.