FQHC billing for Nurse Practitoners


Best answers
I'm employeed with an FQHC. We have always billed APRNs under the supervising provider but we are changing that now, we have a facility that does not have an MD or DO in the suite. I know that the NP can only bill the PC side of an XRay and EKG. Can you split the claim and bill the TC side of it also under the physician? Meaning can I have one claim with the services of the NP on it and another claim with just the TC of the XRay or EKG on it? Or do I list the billing and supervising provider on the claim as the MD, the rendering as the ANP and have the TC and PC side on one claim? I hope this makes sense to someone.