Wiki Fracture code billing

vpat28

Networker
Best answers
Hi all,

I really need help here.
One of the provider is billing the fracture code- closed treatment e.g 24620,27750.
The residents are taking care of the patients in ED without the attending present and the patients are asked to follow up with the attending on different dates. Nothing is billed out for the services performed in ED. The patient comes in the office,attending takes a look at the film and sees everything is fine. He just gives some advice and bill for the proceedure performed in ED by the residents. CPT 24620.

Is that OK???

Please help

Hi Thanks for your response. I also agree with you. But one of the consultant advised otherwise. He said that as the service for the ED was not billed the ortho can bill for the closed treatment when he sees the patient in the office as he is taking over the care.
Can he use any Modifier??

Hi Thanks for your response. I also agree with you. But one of the consultant advised otherwise. He said that as the service for the ED was not billed the ortho can bill for the closed treatment when he sees the patient in the office as he is taking over the care.
Can he use any Modifier??

I would suggest when a 'consultant' like that comes in to show in writing (CMS, CPT, etc.) that states this is acceptable. Official documentation..