Wiki fracture

Best answers
Hello everyone,

Can anyone help me code this please, I would really appreciate it.

1. Manipulation of displaced distal radius fracture in a 25 year old under moderate sedation of 20 minutes all performed by the same MD.

2. Traumatic distal radius fracture.

3. Laceration to index finger with glass in wound.

Please help!!!

thank you,
Rena

Hi Rena!
1- I would use CPT code 25605 the closed treatment w/ manipulation of distal radius fx.
2- Look at ICD-9 codes 813.4 (Unless it is an open fracture, then it would be 813.5).
3- Look at ICD-9 codes 883.? for the traumatic finger laceration. Also look at V90.81- Retained glass fragments.
In addition, don't forget to use an "E" code for the description of how the injury occurred, and also remember to put the date of injury on your claim. This is required when using any "8" code.
Hope this helps!

manipulation of the diclocated finger

I have a question regarding code 26770 -closed treatment of interphalangeal joint dislocation single with manipulation without anesthesia.

Patient is going to a urgent care clinic and is a new patient come in the office only for this problem to fix his dislocated finger. Doctor performed two x ray one before and one after and he charges for
99202 new pt office visit
73140 X 2 the x ray
and 26770

Patient pays the copay that requires for the visit but end up with the extra charges.
Is anyone have an idea hoe to code and bill this visit?

thank you,
Matilda