Wiki Free source for bundling CPT for Surgeries

wynonna

True Blue
Best answers
Good morning: Does anyone know of a free source other than Codify or SuperCoder which scrubs claims and tells which CPT's are included in other CPT's?
ie which procedures or surgeries include, or are bundled with other procedures or surgeries?
thank you

For me, and I know that many coders feel the same way, even though these software programs cost money, they actually save money. You can download the NCCI edits for free, but checking the edits takes a ton of time. I can add 17 CPT codes into EncoderPro and have all the edits with the information I need in a split second. But just because it hits an edit does not mean that it's bundled. That's where coders come in. These programs pay for themselves in productivity. My experience as an orthopedic surgery coder for the past nine years.

Other than the free database download of the quarterly NCCI edits (which is definitely NOT an easy to use scrubber), I am not aware of any free tools. Some EHR software has scrubbers built in. You pay for the EHR, but the scrubber portion is free.
I use Codify simply because that's what my employer pays for. I agree with orthocoderpgu that scrubbers are well worth the cost. I know my Codify subscription also includes lots of other helpful tools besides the scrubber (more in depth code descriptions, NCDs easy to find, RVU and wRVU #s, global days, applicable modifiers, some additional CEUs, etc.) When we were in a private practice and watching every penny, I still had on online subscription, it was for SpeedECoder, which at the time I researched (> 10 years ago), was the least expensive option that provided what I wanted.
It's the same way I feel about annual coding books. I figure even 1 surgery claim the entire year getting coded and paid accurately is worth the cost.