Wiki frequency of annuals

ashleyt

Best answers
Can anyone help me in finding documentation that tells whether or not you need to wait one year and a day in between annual and preventative exams. the offices are questioning this and i cannot find anything regarding it.:(

Depends on the payer

This depends on the payer. Some insurance companies want you to wait 1 year plus 1 day. Others just mandate no more than 1 per calendar year.

Hope that helps.

F Tessa Bartels, CPC, CEMC

I have always been told that if you have an annual wellness exam on January 1, 2010 then the next date that would be able to be charged for a wellness exam would be January 2, 2011 because they could view January 1, 2011 as not a year passing & have never been burned by this office policy.

documentation

thanks for your input back on this another girl and I in here also agree that there needs to be a one year and one day in order to keep the claims from getting denied. But we have both looked online and can find no documentation to support that thinking so we can get a policy together for our practices. if you know of anywhere to look i would appreciate it.