Wiki Fusion or Total disc Arthroplasty?

HOWRU2DAY

Networker
Best answers
Provider chose 22856.
I am new to ortho surgery but that does not seem correct to me. Any help would be appreciated-

Presumed c5-c6 disc was marked with a spinal needle which confirmed the appropriate level. Longus colli muscles were then detached and elevated from the anterior aspect of c5-c6. Self retaining retractors were placed and the annulus incised. Anterior portion of disc was removed Osteophytes were debrided from the c5-c6 vertebrae. Distraction pins were placed in the c5-c6 . Distraction applied and complete discectomy performed using combination of curetes, pitutitary rongeurs and Kerrison rongeurs. Overhang portion of c5 vertebrae was debrided using a high speed burr and uncovetebral joints and posterior margin of c5and c6 were thinned using a high speed bur and than several millimeters of the posterior aspect of c5 and c6 were debrided using a Kerrison rongeur.Osteophytes from the uncovertebral joins were debrided using a Kerrison rongeur. Posterior longitudinal ligament was removed and the bilateral c6 nerve roots were inspected and were free of impingment. Endplates were then prepared using a high speed burr and a 12x14x7 mm cortical ring 7 degree lordotic was filled with i-Factor bone growth stimulant and then autograft was placed in the interspace. Distraction was removed. Bone wax was placed in residual holes and a 24 mm Tirinca plate from Zimmer Biomet system was applied and affixed with 14 mm screws. 2 fixed distally and 2 variable proximally.