Wiki FY 2023 ICD-10-CM guidelines

Apologies for the delay. Everyone who gave an email address should have it. If not check the email you provided and then look in your junk/spam folder.

OK, another batch just went out. If anyone else would like a spreadsheet please drop your email here or send me a DM. :)

Last edited:
I have reviewed all of the files provided by CMS for the FY 2023 ICD-CM updates, and remain unclear on ICD code O35.8XX0. The Tabular Index they provided still shows this code listed, but the Tabular Addenda doesn't. The Conversion Table shows this code has been replaced by O35.A-O35.H. Can anyone help clarify this discrepancy?

I have reviewed all of the files provided by CMS for the FY 2023 ICD-CM updates, and remain unclear on ICD code O35.8XX0. The Tabular Index they provided still shows this code listed, but the Tabular Addenda doesn't. The Conversion Table shows this code has been replaced by O35.A-O35.H. Can anyone help clarify this discrepancy?

I found this article which seems to discuss new O35 codes for 2023. Perhaps this will help?

Thank you! This is a very helpful resource.
I am still looking for clarification to the changes in the O35 category. EncoderPro has the only comprehensive list I have found showing all deleted codes for the FY 2023 update, and it shows O35.0XX0 and O35.1XX0 will be deleted, but not O35.8XX0? Our Maternal-Fetal practice uses O35.8XX0 (fetal abnormality) on many of our claims so we are trying to prepare for this significant change. Does anyone have further information on whether new codes O35.A-H have been added to the O35.8 category, or whether they are fully replacing O35.8?

Just sent out another batch. If you want me to send it to you I will need your email address.

Hi there, sorry I got behind on these. If you'd like one and haven't received it yet, please send an email to jkyles[at]decisionhealth.com. Please note that it will not include the new codes that will go into effect April 1. I haven't been able to find a spreadsheet for that. 🔭