Wiki G-tube change in clinic by NP/PA

TTcpc

Guru
Best answers
Hello,
I am seeing different information on whether a NP or PA can change a g-tube in the clinic. Some references state "physician" and some do not. The group I work with is a pediatric GI group who assumes care of g-tube patients in our feeding tube clinic after they get out of the hospital and the tubes are usually placed by general surgeons pre-discharge and they do not follow the patient post-discharge.
Primarily it is trained RNs who are doing them; however our NPs and PAs may do them as well. They have been billing 99211 if seen by the RNs and just an office visit by the NP or PA. I'm researching to see if we should be billing the 43762 for them as I believe we have been leaving revenue on the table in not billing them.
If you have a reputable resource to support the NP or PA being able to bill, could you also provide that so we can use as reference in case of any denials/audits?
Thank you

If the NP or PA is contract with your company, and providing services. They can bill 43762.
More then likely the RN is not contracted to bill, if not. Then you'll have to not bill, we use a dummy code to track these services.