• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ & read the forum rules. To view all forums, post or create a new thread, you must be an AAPC Member. If you are a member and have already registered for member area and forum access, you can log in by clicking here. If you've forgotten the password it can be reset on our sign in section by entering your registered Email Address or Username here. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below..

G tube/Peg tube/J tube change

Jess1980

Networker
Messages
42
Location
Chattanooga, TN
I am having a debate with another coder. Can anyone tell me if its appropriate to bill for the changing or placement of G tube/Peg tube/J tube when it is done in office. I know if the provider performed the removal in the office, it is correct to bill the appropriate E&M code only. Thank you :)
 
I am having a debate with another coder. Can anyone tell me if its appropriate to bill for the changing or placement of G tube/Peg tube/J tube when it is done in office. I know if the provider performed the removal in the office, it is correct to bill the appropriate E&M code only. Thank you :)

Use HCPCS for supplies. If the provider placed the original tube then replacement code is reported. If another provider, outside of that group, placed the tube, then report the replacement along with the E/M. If this is the first placement, report only the placement code. I'm assuming that this is an established patient. IMO
 
Top