Wiki G0296

afryberger

Networker
Best answers
Hello, I might be reading too much into this and getting myself confused.

Regards to the statement, "Removed the restriction that a physician or non-physician practitioner must provide the counseling and SDM" Does that mean an RN can provided this service? or does a physician and or PA still need to participate in this service? Typically with shared decision making it would be for example a PA and physician. I'm confused with the removal of that restriction, does it make it an RN billable service like CPT 99211 or does the PA and/or physician still need to participate. Any additional information is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• MM12691_0.pdf
    220 KB · Views: 5
Hello, I might be reading too much into this and getting myself confused.

Regards to the statement, "Removed the restriction that a physician or non-physician practitioner must provide the counseling and SDM" Does that mean an RN can provided this service? or does a physician and or PA still need to participate in this service? Typically with shared decision making it would be for example a PA and physician. I'm confused with the removal of that restriction, does it make it an RN billable service like CPT 99211 or does the PA and/or physician still need to participate. Any additional information is greatly appreciated.
Maybe they mean a QHCP. I would reach out to my MAC if I needed more clarity than they are providing.