Wiki Giant cell tumor of the knee

Daisymm

New
Best answers
Hi
I have a provider who performed an arthroscopic removal of a giant cell tumor of the tendon sheath of the knee. (confirmation via path report as giant cell tumor). I am struggling to find an arthroscopic code to support this other than removal FB. Any coding advice / assistance would be appreciated.

PROCEDURE: The operative site was prepped and draped in the standard sterile fashion. A timeout was done. At this time, the anteromedial and anterolateral arthroscopic portals were made and systemic examination of the knee was performed. The
patellofemoral joint showed that there was extensive chondromalacia, severe synovitis and large loose body anterior to the femur. Examination of the lateral compartment demonstrated intact lateral meniscus, femoral condyle intact, tibial plateau intact, there were no loose bodies in the lateral gutter

Examination of the medial compartment showed There was intact the medial meniscus. The medial femoral condyle showed large focal chondral loss. The tibial plateau intact. There were no loose bodies the medial gutter The intercondylar notch notch examination revealed an intact ACL.

After this was performed, I then turned my attention back to the patellofemoral compartment where partial synovectomy was performed with cautery, after this was performed a chondral loose body 1.6cmx0.5cm was removed using a grasper. After this was performed, the knee was flushed with normal saline and suctioned dried

I don't know what else you would use other than 29874. What else does the op note say in the header? Procedures performed, dx, etc.?

Unrelated: Saw you're in Wallkill :) I grew up in O.C.