Wiki Global Billing for Antepartum Care, HELP!

jtyndall

New
Best answers
We have been billing 2 antepartum global charges to BCBS(NC), the first claim with the LMP-9/30/15, the second charge from 10/1/15-delivery in order to separate ICD-9/ICD-10 (billing this way ONLY for BCBS per their billing guidelines everyone else we bill globally gets one global charge). I just received mail backs on 5 global claims that were filed last month, stating that I now have to split the second claim as well, ending one 12/31/15 and a new claim spanning dates into the new year 1/1/16-delivery. Initially when contacting BCBS the only instance the claim would need to be split for the new year was if the patients policy number changes, yesterday when I called I was told their system does not have the capability to process a claim with date spans from one year to the next, and to file the claim with all 2016 dates to avoid a timely filing issue. I know this is not the correct way to process the claim. Our provider Rep has yet to call back. Anyone else having the same issue? Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!

antepartum date

Yes we are getting the same answer from our rep BC/BS also.