Wiki Global Days

yes.

The rationale behind post-operative days is that the patient is going to require monitoring after their surgery so those visits are inherent to the procedure and are not separately payable. If the service has no post op days then it doesn't require monitoring so anything performed afterwards is billable.

yes.

The rationale behind post-operative days is that the patient is going to require monitoring after their surgery so those visits are inherent to the procedure and are not separately payable. If the service has no post op days then it doesn't require monitoring so anything performed afterwards is billable.

OK, so I tried to make my initial post as open-ended as possible so that I would get a general response (unrelated to a specific procedure). Thank you for your response.
Next question is: If your physician performed a simple laceration repair (which has 0 global days), would you charge an E&M when the patient returns for suture removal? I say yes, but there is debate within my organization.
Thanks for the help!