Wiki global modifier for dermabond

Hodges612

New
Best answers
I work in a radiology clinic. We billed a 49073 and a 49900 2 months prior which gave us our 90 day global. We recently billed a G0168 and a 49073 was advised to use a modifier from our billing remit.
Which modifier would we use? 59 or the FT I'm not familiar with?

First of all, 49073 is not a valid code, so I'm not able to understand what's even being billed here. Second, modifier assignment is based on documentation and without being able to see that, or without know more of the specifics of the case, it's impossible to say what modifier, if any, is correct. Most likely G0168 shouldn't have been billed at all in the global period unless it was completely unrelated to the previous surgery.

How is it that a radiology clinic is billing 49900? That's a procedure that would typically be done by a general surgeon in an operating room.

I work in a radiology clinic. We billed a 49073 and a 49900 2 months prior which gave us our 90 day global. We recently billed a G0168 and a 49073 was advised to use a modifier from our billing remit.
Which modifier would we use? 59 or the FT I'm not familiar with?
I agree with the above. 49900 is not a radiology code, therefore a radiology provider/department cannot bill for this. If you do, it will most likely be denied. Also, 49073 is not a CPT code. Can you provide the note for this so that we can help you in correctly coding?