Wiki Good Home-Based Medical Billing Software

cpc2007

Guru
Best answers
A physician starting up his own private practice has contacted me about doing his coding and billing from my home. He wants me, if I accept the position, to help him set up the software and things we would need to make this work. If anyone works from home or is in a practice that uses a billing service, can you recommend a good medical billing software we could use? There are so many out there -- I just want to make sure we use something reputable (HIPAA compliant, NPI compliant, etc.). Also, any idea on the security requirements we would need on our computers to protect patient information? His practice is out of state, so we would need some kind of online networking between myself and his office. Any advice you could give would be appreciated.

Billing Software

Try Pertexa Healthcare Technologies - pertexa.com (I use it) Security is built in, it is very quick and easy to install, and reasonably priced. The sw price includes electronic connectivity with "Availity" clearinghouse so there is no extra charge for commercial claims that go through Availity.
System requirements: Windows XP, 2000 or Vista with MS .Net framework version 2 installed (this would already be installed for anyone that does automatic updates)
Good Luck!

I am using GE Centricity, it's user friendly. I 'm sure you are going to get a lot of different ideas on medical billing software.

I currently use Centricity at the office, but used Cal-Med at my home business. Both are very good programs, but I think Centricity is better :)
Good luck!