Question Good Risk Adjustment/CRC Resources?

pke1991

New
Best answers
Hello all!

I'm an extremely motivated CPC-A currently working in Risk Adjustment and would like to increase my knowledge. I plan on taking the CRC exam in June 2021, I've already bought the 2021 CRC study guide but it ships 1/31. I need something now(!!!) since my evaluation will be in February. I've only been working for 12 days but I really like my job and want to hit the ground flying. Please recommend good Risk Adjustment/CRC resources whether it be an app or a textbook etc. I want anything I can get my hands on! lol

So far, I have come across Risk Adjustment Documentation & Coding 2nd Edition 2020 by Sheri Poe Bernard CCSP CDEO CPC CRC, which I have been told is a valuable resource in the field of CRC. If you guys plan to get this book or familiar with this author, share your thoughts on it please.

Thank you!

Best answers
That book is a really good resource, I have used it as a guide to create internal policies and guidelines and I would definitely recommend it. What kind of company are you working for in Risk, is it a health plan or something else?

pke1991

New
Best answers
That book is a really good resource, I have used it as a guide to create internal policies and guidelines and I would definitely recommend it. What kind of company are you working for in Risk, is it a health plan or something else?
It's an outside vendor that has a partnership with various healthplans. I had no idea something like this existed, let alone this certification so I'm still wrapping my head around things. I did not know the world of medical coding could be so vast!

Best answers
Yes we have that book also in our Risk Adjustment department (Provider Health System). Definitely a great resource! and what i used to orientate myself to Risk Adjustment when I started in this department. (sitting for my CRC exam Saturday)

pke1991

New
Best answers
Yes we have that book also in our Risk Adjustment department (Provider Health System). Definitely a great resource! and what i used to orientate myself to Risk Adjustment when I started in this department. (sitting for my CRC exam Saturday)
The book came yesterday and I cannot wait to begin reading it. I wish you luck on your test, please let us know how it goes!