Wiki Guardian Healthcare Bankrupt

Best answers
I learned yesterday that Guardian Healthcare PFFS Medicare Advantage for South Carolina was placed in receivership at the beginning of November.
While making a follow up call to Guardian I was instructed that in order to get our claims paid I had to go to the DOI site in SC and try to navigate the massive amounts of material governing their bankruptcy. I did find that someone will be taking over for them. When I called the new place they said that they will not begin processing claims until 1.1.11
Has anyone ever had any experience with getting claims paid from a court appointed trustee?

Hi,
I can tell you my horror story in getting claims paid thru the trustee. Unless you have a very large claim you may want to re-evaluate the time that you will spend in this process. My claims were $1500 each and I had to contact the trustee assigned, complete ppw stating that I would like to contest bankruptcy and send letter advising for what amounts. You then are sent letter in return stating what % amount that you will be awarded and if there are enough monies to be distributed to the number of claims submitted. Out of $3000, our office received a little over $1000 and the rest was written off and we posted a notice at the office in regards to the financial status of the ins carrier and pts became self pay so they could submit their own claims. Hope this helps. Oh forgot to mention I am located in State of VA.