Wiki H&P/Ascan Documentation

LRizzitano

Best answers
So I am in need of some help! I work at a busy ophthalmology office for a cataract surgeon. He has recently questioned me on trying to streamline some of our office procedures. So normally we will have a patient come in on the day that he is at the hospital doing cataract surgery for their ascan measurements. They will then come back generally the following week for their H&P with the doctor. He is wondering if we can just enter one visit that includes both the H&P and ascan information even though it was performed on two different dates of service. We have an EMR system and all the Ascan measurement information gets printed out and scanned into the system and linked to the h&p visit to be readily available. He will then reference the ascan information that was performed at an earlier date of service in his H&P. As it stands now when the patient comes in for their ascan measurements we enter a visit that is basically the same information that is scanned and linked to that visit and then do a separate h&p visit which he feels is very redundant. Entering all the Ascan information into the system that is already on a piece of paper linked to the visit is what he feels like is a waste of time. From a billing and insurance standpoint is doing this all at one time in our EHR system adequate??