• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ & read the forum rules. To view all forums, post or create a new thread, you must be an AAPC Member. If you are a member and have already registered for member area and forum access, you can log in by clicking here. If you've forgotten your username or password use our password reminder tool. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • Important Note: We will be performing important server maintenance on 15 July 2020 , during which time this site will be unavailable for approximately 2 hours. If you are in the middle of something critical , please save your work. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Has something changed with 77338?

rachaelwilleford

Networker
Best answers
I've been getting denials for 77338 with Novitas stating that payment is denied when performed by this type of provider. Started with April DOS, and we haven't changed anything with our providers this year. Did I miss something?

We're definitely rad oncology, set in an outpatient hospital setting billing the professional charges only.

SharonCollachi

True Blue
Best answers
I don't know if Novitas is having this issue, but I had a similar issue with Big Blue. Somehow they reclassified us into a specialty that always requires pre-authorization, and we are not that specialty. It didn't matter what we billed, they denied everything with the same reason. Took several phone calls and a sternly worded email (!) to correct the issue.