Wiki Has the CPCO helped your career?

twizzle

Best answers
There are several compliance certifications out there. The problem I see is that most want you to either have compliance experience, or pay an outlandish fee to take their course before you are allowed to sit for their test, neither of which I'm prepared to do.
I have no experience, and can't afford ($2000) to take their 'compulsory' course.
I want to obtain a compliance certification under my own terms, not under the terms of some certification company who just want as much money out of me as possible.
My options seem to be; CHC through the CCB which I know is good but I need to have compliance training whether through webinars or whatever, or CPCO through AAPC which has no eligibility requirements at all.
So, how highly regarded is the CPCO? Have many of you been told you need another compliance certification rather than CPCO or does it stand its ground in the compliance certification arena?
I'm done with coding and need a new challenge. I have my CPMA but again, there are other auditing certifications and I'm not sure how well CPMA holds up against the others. To me it gives a basic overview and nothing else, although it's not an easy test.
I welcome your opinions.