Wiki Have not faced "seperate procedure" in a long time

Kbuss

Best answers
Help please!! I recently had a provider remove a skin tag from the labia and perform a biopsy of the cervix. 57500 states seperate procedure and I am completely drawing a blank on how to bill this. :confused:

Any comments and/or links greatly appreciated!

You can report 57500 with modifier -59. It would only be bundled with procedures for which it would be an integral component such as 57420 and 57452.

"Separate procedures" not integral to another procedure are otherwise reportable with mod -59.

spell check -

Help please!! I recently had a provider remove a skin tag from the labia and perform a biopsy of the cervix. 57500 states seperate procedure and I am completely drawing a blank on how to bill this. :confused:

Please use spell check -- part of being professional is first presenting a professional image -- "separate" procedure. We don't want anyone to think our certification is an easy one to obtain. thanks -Nancy

Spell Check -

Please use spell check -- part of being professional is first presenting a professional image -- "separate" procedure. We don't want anyone to think our certification is an easy one to obtain. thanks -Nancy