Wiki Have you taken the CPMA?

Mjones7

Networker
Best answers
I am considering taking the CPMA exam. Has anyone sat for this exam and is able to offer some guidiance as to what to expect or a recommended study guide? Your reply would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your reply and suggestions.

Last edited:
I recently took the cpma exam and missed passing by 1% :( I did take the 2 day class prior to the exam and used the study guide. I felt there was material on the exam that we did not cover in the class, a lot of compliance questions. good luck :) I am taking the exam again this month.

I recently took the cpma exam and missed passing by 1% :( I did take the 2 day class prior to the exam and used the study guide. I felt there was material on the exam that we did not cover in the class, a lot of compliance questions. good luck :) I am taking the exam again this month.

Best wishes...next month you will ace it!

Cpma exam

I just recently took the two day training class as well in Jacksonville at the conference. I thought it to be beneficial. I can say that the class was a great help in understanding certain criteria. I am just waiting for my results as well, I felt good after taking the exam so maybe that is a good sign

LaTanya Cross, CPC,CCS-P:eek:

I just recently took the two day training class as well in Jacksonville at the conference. I thought it to be beneficial. I can say that the class was a great help in understanding certain criteria. I am just waiting for my results as well, I felt good after taking the exam so maybe that is a good sign

LaTanya Cross, CPC,CCS-P:eek:

Wish you well thanks for your feedback.

Cpma exam

I took the two day training course offered by NAMAS. The study guide published by NAMAS was a simple review of the regulations; it contains the 1995 and 1997 E&M Guidelines and few practice questions and scenarios. It was very basic. It was not helpful to me; however, many of the people that I spoke with at the conference that took the course felt it was beneficial.

I thought the study guide written by Deb Grider was more appropriate and beneficial. You can purchase it from the AMA, from the AAPC, Amazon.com, BARNES & NOBLE, e-bay, etc.
Here is the information about the publication.
Medical Record Auditor, Second Edition
Softbound with perforated answer key, 8-1/2" x 11", 366 pages
ISBN#: 978-1-57947-884-1
Item#: OP301007
Authors: Deborah J Grider, American Medical Association

The Medical Record Auditor, Second Edition is less expensive and provides a lot more information and practice scenarios.

Which ever way you go, I wish you success.

Karen Strobel CPC,CPMA

I took the CPMA course thru NAMA'S as well. I have coded E&M for over 5 years. We didn't follow the study guide real close during the class, and I felt that you must over it in your spare time. It will explain several questions that are asked on the test, and how to answer them. I think if you do that you will not have a problem passing. Good Luck!!

Cpma exam

Well I have taken and failed the CPMA exam but i have rescheduled to take it in september give me more time to study and use the deborah grider book as a tool.

I kind of felt this would happen,but i will not give up. second time i will pass with flying colors

study guide

What is the study guide?
I purchased Deborah Grider's book and a CD came with it, is this the study guide?

Thank you

I have found that Deb Grider's book is a much more complete study guide than that put out by namas. That so called study guide is nothing more than a bunch of power point slides with little information