Wiki Having trouble

jod867

Networker
Best answers
I am a CPC, CBCS, CMAA and I am looking for a remote coding position. However I keep running into Hospital postings all wanting a CCS. Is anyone else having this problem. I would rather stick to out-patient but am I going to have to get my CCS as well to be able to work from home? Any help on this would be great!

It is the way hospitals are in some areas. I have found that the CPC-H is a great subsitute for some, in fact just talked to one that was advertising for CCS only and now they want to hire me full time. So sad I am not available for full time! I go from the aspect that sometimes they do not know what they want until they have met me! Just a little arrogant but how else are you going to get the interview and the job?

One major obstacle is that there are so many coders now wanting to work remotely. So even if an out-pt remote coding position opens up they are flooded with 100's of resumes for one available spot. I had 12 years of coding experience and have dual credentials as a CPC and CFE and it still took me a full 12 months to find full time employment as a remote coder. I now work remotely for 4 companies and thankfully the credentials I have are exactly what they need.

Keep looking I am sure you will find something it just takes a lot of persistence and often times some well placed connections. :)